Drafter Position – Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino & SketchUp specialist
Drafter Position – Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Enscape & SketchUp specialist
Keith Yates Design seeks a full-time Revit, Auto Cad, Rhino and SketchUp specialist with proven design, drafting and graphic skills to collaborate on ambitious private theater, media room and director screening room projects throughout the US and internationally. This position will see you leveraging your skills in both traditional CAD design expertise and production of detailed renderings of proposed theater projects in Enscape, Rhino and SketchUp.
Our team maintains three core values: Integrity, Creativity and Teamwork which translate into a unique workplace, with a fast paced and exciting environment. Directed by a KYD Project Architect you will be working alongside our passionate team of Revit and CAD modelers; acoustic, vibration and MEP engineers; lighting and interior designers; and construction administration and performance testing experts in developing ultimate design and engineering of residential entertainment spaces.
This is an opportunity to work on the design of entertainment venues in prime residences around the world with a growing team of design professionals. If you aspire to contribute your skills and creativity to best in class designs which set the standard for aesthetic and objective performance in the category, KYD offers a unique opportunity.
Our reputation was formed through executing the highest levels of design, engineering and testing which we consistently deliver to our clients and this resonates in all aspects of project design and construction. We want you to have the same exacting standards and attention to detail to produce high quality work which you can take pride in.
KYD has been quietly designing the world’s most immersive movie and music venues for 25 years. Magazine headlines have celebrated KYD’s designs as “magic” (Architectural Digest), “inspirational” (Home Theater) and “perfection” (Residential Systems).
Visit www.keithyates.com to learn more about our work, team and process.
Position based in the beautiful Sierra Foothills, Auburn, CA.
Wage DOE; medical, dental, life insurance, retirement plan provided.
To apply for this position submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples to: email@example.com.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Under supervision and guidance of Project Architect, uses Rhino and SketchUp to create models and renderings of complete residential theater concepts, including adjacent spaces, common areas, etc.
- Under supervision and guidance of Project Architect, creates AutoCAD documentation of project for Design Development and Technical Development phases.
- Develops clear, AutoCAD based 2D and isometric interior Construction Drawings and details.
Training and Experience Requirements
- Minimum 5 years experience working in an architectural firm, or BS Architecture and 3 years experience working in an architectural firm.
- Proven power user of Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino and SketchUp.
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills.
- Building construction knowledge to develop design details and construction documents.
- Knowledge of material and building products suitable for high end residential projects.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, organizational and time management skills.
- Concise, personable verbal and written communication skills.
- With our focus on residential entertainment venues, your interest in movies and/or music considered a plus.
- Proficiency in 3D Studio Max and/or Photoshop considered a plus.
- Experience with parametric/generative design (Grasshopper) considered a plus.