Junior Interior Designer/Architect – High End Private Cinema
We seek a Junior Interior Designer/Architect to join us at our headquarters, located in Auburn*, California.
Work at Keith Yates Design
KYD is an architecture and engineering company, creating world-class entertainment environments to foster immersive experiences. Serving clients world-wide from our offices in Northern California and Los Angeles, we draw on a 25 year history of envisioning, modeling, documenting, testing and obsessively calibrating purpose-built screening rooms, private cinemas, listening rooms and their associated spaces for marquee-name directors, cinematographers, technologists and, especially, everyday movie and music lovers seeking to be transported to another place and time, for entering a story, a life, they wouldn’t have otherwise known or imagined.
Join a firm where creating magical and unforgettable experiences is the driving passion behind our everyday work. We have a work environment where team support is highly valued and where high work morale, continuously pushing the boundaries of the cutting-edge, and dedication to being the leader in our field unify the studio.
If you are interested in joining KYD, please apply by following the information provided below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Position is full time. Compensation based on experience. Keith Yates Design offers health insurance, dental, vision, life, employer matching SIMPLE IRA, vacation and sick time.
- Professional degree and 0-3 years professional experience as a Junior Interior Designer or Junior Architect with exposure to residential Interiors in particular
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English- any other language is an asset
- Strong conceptual and design skills
- Ability to develop design options in collaboration with and for consideration of design team
- Ability to prepare models, technical drawings and details as they relate to the project
- Should have strong ability with Rhino, Revit (Adobe Suite & V-Ray is a plus)
- Experience with Grasshopper, Dynamo and/or programming is a plus
- Must have strong organizational skills, the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget own time
- Candidates must feel comfortable in a creative, complex and dynamic environment
- Experience working in a leading American or international interiors and/or architectural office is preferred
- AIA / NCIDQ membership and working towards professional licensure considered assets
How to apply
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio by e-mail in PDF format no larger than 10MB total to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the email subject line. Links to additional work or work that exceeds our data limit are acceptable.
*Within 6 months, this office plans to relocate towards the Roseville, California area.