Project Architect – High End Private Cinema
In addition to Architecture and Design, are you passionate about Movies and Music? Find yourself looking at entertainment rooms – Director Screening Rooms, Private Theaters, Media Rooms – and wondering how well the Architecture supports the director’s or musician’s intent when the user turns the lights down and presses “Play”?
If so, we would very much like to talk with you. We’re looking for a Project Architect to join our team in the design of high-performance, one-off projects throughout the US and internationally. You’ll join our passionate team of architects and designers; acoustic, vibration and MEP engineers; lighting and interior designers; construction administrators and performance testing experts – all of us working as a team to orchestrate goosebump-generating entertainment experiences for the most discerning movie and music lovers in the world.
Keith Yates Design has been quietly designing the world’s most immersive movie and music venues for 27 years. Magazine headlines have celebrated our work as “magic” (Architectural Digest), “inspirational” (Home Theater) and “perfection” (Residential Systems).
We’re based in the old Gold Rush town of Auburn, in the quiet, scenic Sierra foothills above Sacramento in Northern California. The Bay Area, Napa and Lake Tahoe are less than 2 hours away.
Learn more at www.keithyates.com.
Wage DOE; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plan provided.
If you are interested to join KYD, please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
What you’ll need:
- Architecture degrees: Bachelor’s required, Master’s preferred.
- >7 years’ experience in an architectural design office, of which >3 years have been as a Project Architect.
- Current architectural license.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Strong skills in Revit and Sketch-Up required. Proficiency in Rhino, Illustrator and Photoshop desirable.