Designer / Architect – BIM Modeler
Keith Yates Design seeks a full-time Designer / Architect BIM modeler with experience and passion for designing high end residential homes and their interiors. The candidate must be fluent with Revit (as primary design tool) as well as AutoCAD, Rhino and SketchUp to collaborate with the Founder on ambitious private theater, media room and director screening room projects throughout the US and internationally. This lead position will see you leveraging your interior architecture experience and skills in Revit to realize Schematic Design concepts for our production team.
Our team maintains three core values: Integrity, Creativity and Teamwork which translate into a unique workplace, with a fast paced and exciting environment. Directed by the Founder and Principal Designer, as Project Architect you will be working alongside our passionate team of Revit / CAD modelers; acoustic, vibration and MEP engineers; lighting and interior designers; and construction administration and performance testing experts in developing ultimate design and engineering of residential entertainment spaces.
This is an opportunity to work in a unique acoustic design and private theater engineering firm on entertainment venues in prime residences around the world with a proven and growing team of design professionals. If you aspire to contribute your skills and creativity to best in class designs which set the standard for aesthetic and objective performance in the category, KYD offers a unique opportunity.
KYD has been quietly designing the world’s most immersive movie and music venues for 25 years. Magazine headlines have celebrated KYD’s designs as “magic” (Architectural Digest), “inspirational” (Home Theater) and “perfection” (Residential Systems).
Position based in the beautiful Sierra Foothills, Auburn, CA.
Wage DOE; medical, dental, life insurance, retirement plan provided.
To apply for this position submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Founder and Principal Designer to develop SD for private theater projects. Employ Revit as main design tool and be skilled in CAD, Rhino and SketchUp to create models and renderings of complete residential theater concepts, including adjacent spaces, common areas, etc.
- Evolve and refine Revit design standards for internal production team and consultants.
- Fulfill project documentation as needed for Design Development and Technical Development phases.
- Participate in Client and Partner meetings as necessary.
Training and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Architecture required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in an architectural firm.
- Proven experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino and SketchUp.
- Strong conceptual design, detailing, coordination and schematic design skills.
- Knowledge of material and building products suitable for high end residential projects.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Concise, personable verbal and written communication skills.
- With our focus on residential entertainment venues, your interest in movies and/or music considered a plus.
- Experience with parametric/generative design (Grasshopper) considered a plus.