Architect/Interior Designer – World-Class Immersive Entertainment Spaces
We seek an Architect/Interior Designer to join us at our headquarters, located in Roseville/Rocklin*, California. This is not a remote position.
Work at Keith Yates Design:
KYD is a unique, dynamic and growing architecture and engineering studio, creating world-class entertainment environments to foster immersive experiences. We are the international leader at providing the finest designed and engineered private cinemas, director screening rooms, precision listening environments and auxiliary entertainment spaces. KYD has been creating these unique spaces longer than anyone in the US, beginning with schematic design through construction.
Our work integrates high-design with high-tech for some of the world’s most successful clients in some of the world’s most desirable locations.
Serving clients world-wide from our offices in Northern California, we draw on a 25 year history of envisioning, designing, modeling, documenting, testing and obsessively calibrating purpose-built screening rooms, private cinemas, listening rooms and auxiliary entertainment spaces for marquee-name directors, cinematographers, technologists and, especially, everyday movie and music lovers seeking to be transported to another place and time, for entering a story, a life, they wouldn’t have otherwise known or imagined.
Join a firm where creating magical and unforgettable experiences is the driving passion behind our everyday work. We have a work environment where team support is highly valued and where high work morale, continuously pushing the boundaries of the cutting-edge, and dedication to being the leader in our field unify the studio.
If you are interested in joining KYD, please apply by following the information provided below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Position is full time at our office (not remote). KYD offers competitive salaries above industry standard with qualified candidates to receive signing bonus. KYD offers health insurance, dental, vision, life, employer matching SIMPLE IRA, vacation and sick time.
*KYD is in the process of relocating to a purposely revamped facility in the Roseville/Rocklin area which will reflect the nature and scope of our work.
- Professional degree and 3-7 years professional experience as an Architect/Interior Designer
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English – any other language is an asset
- The ability to multi-task with experience of working on multiple projects at a time
- Strong conceptual and design skills
- Ability to develop design options in collaboration with the design team
- Strong knowledge and interest in sourcing the best interiors products in the American and international market
- Ability to prepare models, technical drawings and details as they relate to the project
- Experience in furniture and millwork design; knowledge of Interiors details, millwork drawings and FF&E is a plus
- Experience in high-end residential interior design is a plus
- Should have strong skills with Rhino, Revit (Adobe Suite & V-Ray is a plus)
- Experience with Grasshopper, Dynamo and/or programming is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, good management of junior team members, ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget time
- Candidates must feel comfortable in a creative and dynamic environment
- Experience working in a leading American or international interiors and/or architectural office is desirable
- Proven record of the above responsibilities as demonstrated through portfolio and past work
- Working towards professional licensure considered an asset
- AIA / NCIDQ membership promoted
How to apply:
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio by e-mail in PDF format no larger than 10MB total. Links to additional work or work that exceeds our data limit are acceptable. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org