Junior Architect / BIM Modeler
We seek a Junior Architect or BIM Modeler to join us at our headquarters, located in Auburn, California (possibly remotely for US applicants only).
Work at Keith Yates Design:
KYD is a unique, dynamic, and growing architecture and engineering studio, creating world-class entertainment environments to foster immersive experiences. We are the international leader at providing the finest designed and engineered private cinemas, director screening rooms, precision listening environments and auxiliary entertainment spaces. KYD has been creating these unique spaces longer than anyone in the US, beginning with schematic design through construction.
Our work integrates high design with high-tech for some of the world’s most successful clients in some of the world’s most desirable locations.
Serving clients worldwide from our offices in Northern California, we draw on a 25-year history of envisioning, designing, modeling, documenting, testing, and calibrating purpose-built screening rooms, private cinemas, listening rooms and auxiliary entertainment spaces.
Join a firm where creating magical and unforgettable experiences is the driving passion behind our everyday work. We have a work environment where team support is highly valued and where high work morale, continuously pushing the boundaries of the cutting-edge, and dedication to being the leader in our field unify the studio.
If you are interested in joining KYD, please apply by following the information provided below. We look forward to hearing from you!
The position is full-time at our office (possibly remotely for US applicants only). KYD offers competitive salaries for qualified candidates. KYD offers health insurance, dental, vision, life, employer matching SIMPLE IRA, vacation, and sick time.
- Associate or Architectural degree and minimum 3 years 3D Modeling experience in Revit and Rhinoceros 3D.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English – any other language is an asset
- The ability to multi-task with experience of working on multiple projects at a time
- Strong conceptual and design skills
- Ability to develop design options under the supervision of Senior Designer
- Strong knowledge and interest in sourcing the best interiors products in the American and international market
- Ability to prepare models, technical drawings, and details as they relate to the project
- Experience in furniture and millwork design; knowledge of Interiors details, millwork drawings is a plus
- Experience in high-end residential interior design is a plus
- Should have strong skills with Revit 2022 (Revit Certification is a plus)
- Should have strong skills with Rhinoceros 7
- Experience with Revit Family Creation is a plus
- AutoCAD, Adobe Suite & V-Ray experience is a plus
- Experience with Grasshopper, Dynamo and/or programming is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and time management
- Candidates must feel comfortable in a creative and dynamic environment
- Licensed or working towards professional licensure is considered an asset
- AIA / NCIDQ membership promoted
How to apply:
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio by e-mail in PDF format no larger than 10MB total. Links to additional work or work that exceeds our data limit are acceptable.